Protecto Tape is a self adhering, conformable, modified SBS (styrene-butadiene-styrene) rubberized asphalt tape. Protecto Tape has a fabric top that provides a base to which most plaster or texture coat finishing systems are able to be applied, creating a monolithic finish.
Protecto Tape can be used as a waterproofing membrane under conventional metal or timber parapet caps and also as a flashing for behind cladding junctions. Protecto Tape when used in conjunction with Protecto Wrap Detail Tape can be used to form saddle flashings or any awkward flashing requirement.
Protecto Tape is 1.0mm thick and available in 75mm, 150mm, 300mm, 400mm wide by 30m long rolls.
Features & Benefits
- Adaptable to fit most flashing requirements.
- Zero waste as tapes can be overlapped.
- Wide range of widths available.
- Can be used as a sealing bandage over fixing blocks on external walls.
- Will self seal around mechanical fasteners as long as no pilot holes are drilled.
- Can be directly plastered or rendered.
- Fast and easy to install.
- Branz Appraised #450